Friends, you might like to know some of our are going to celebrate the life of Martha on the date of her birth, September 24th. We will share her favorite foods and observe the day.

This Sunday a much smaller group will gather for tea. As for myself, I'm bringing wine (I feel like whinning my own personal loss.)

This is the e-mail I sent last night:

My dear friend, Martha Humphreys, died today as a result of complications of MS. I took this picture of her. It is one she especially liked. Please feel free to forward to any friends. It is impossible to have all the e-mail contacts of those throughout the world whom she loved and those who loved her.

I will miss my very special friend. There was not one fake bone in her body. She said what she thought. We had a great visit late last week. She was radiant. She was at peace and on her journey. I told her I was continuing to do the things in which she believed. She told me she liked that. I told her of all the people all over the world who had sent e-mail messages that I had forwarded to Tessa.

I visited her the very next day. It was after a very tiring day of constant visitors, Dhe whispered to me when dear, dear Joan wanted to change her sheets, she said to me, "I think that is a hint (for me to leave.)"

I love that is the last conversation I had with her. I laughed and told her I how much I loved her and I was indeed going to "get out and let her have some peace."

That was Martha. She lived on her own terms and she died on those same terms.

We loved our Friday lunch and movies. We loved talking about politics and theater. She tolerated my inability to load her in her handicapped van and the fact that I seldom came to gradual stops. She said the arms of her wheel chair were scratched by her fingernails gripping the handles and we rounded the corners of Jones Valley on the way to the Rave Theater.

She tolerated me. I loved her.

She thought that all should have dignity; all should have the ability to scale the pinacles to reach the American "dream."

If it were not for Matha, in fact, I would never have gone to the desert. I would not be the person I have become. I like the person I have become..

THANK YOU MARTHA!

Respectuflly,

Kathy

Where ever you go, there you are!