Now if someone can just show me how to grow cilantro successfully. Every year I plant it and it comes up bolting. So this year I am really really NOT going to try again. I just go to the grocery store and buy it when I need it.

Oh. Speaking of food, I've been meaning to post this:

I had an extra bag of cranberries in the fridge and wondered what to do with them. So I tossed them in a saucepan with a half or 3/4 cup of sugar, a finely cut up juice orange, and a big handful of diced pineapple. I cooked it until all the cranberries were popped open, let it cool, and tried to think of something to do with the concoction.

3.14159 + 2.7182818 = Pie

I prepared a pie crust, dotted it with Tbsp-sized globs of the concoction, and then poured around the globs a mixture of about a cup of sour cream, a cup of sugar, and 3-4 Tbsp of flour.

I didn't put a top crust on and baked the pie for 30 minutes at 375.

It was yummy. I had to use a spatula to fight off the kids until Peggy and I could have some for dessert.

You can try this with many fruits. I made one this AM that has strawberries all pointing upward out of the white filler, looks like little red mountains in the snow.

Take the nacilbupeR pledge: I solemnly swear that I will help back out all Republicans at the next election.