Originally Posted by Ted Remington
Every other Sunday morning I drive to Asheville to donate platelets and plasma at the Red Cross and I started going to Waffle House for breakfast, because I loved their waffles and their grits. Then early one morning I watched as one of the cooks prepared a big batch of grits. It was perhaps a gallon in size, and he put a whole pound of butter in it!

So I stopped eating the grits as often. Then one day I was chatting with the people there and they mentioned they were out of half-and-half, and it was going to be a real problem. I asked why. Did you know that they make their regular waffles by mixing the dry waffle mixture with half-and-half?

So I switched to eating buttermilk waffles.

Then they took the buttermilk waffles off the menu.

Now when I go to Asheville I stop at Denny's where they have a senior fit omelet, egg whites, a small amount of cheese, mushrooms, onions, spinach, served alongside a bowl of fruit and a bowl of oatmeal.
Ted Remington. I only stop in every now and again at RR (I used to be around regular) and I can't remember what your "first" name was before you disclosed your real name.
Doesn't matter really...
But I have to say. What? You're going to Asheville and eating at Waffle House and Dennys? Cripe, man. Why?
This is a good eating place. Try Early Girl and several other places. Stone ground grits. Locally grown stuff with no additives. Good stuff.
Chains thrive on fat and grease and whatever.
Asheville is not a place to eat at a chain. That shocks me.

I can nearly promise you that the "healthy" eating at Denny's isn't really.
But then. I'm cynical and believe in eating locally grown organic and know what's in it.
Denny's healthy? Probably not.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."