Originally Posted by Scoutgal
Originally Posted by numan
'
It is sad that freshwater fish are more prone to dangerous parasites than sea fish.

Be sure to cook that delicious trout thoroughly.

When I traveled to Canada 30 years ago, we fished for trout in the middle of the province up by Prince George. That was great trout, which we seasoned with butter, lemon, some wild garlic and wrapped in foil. We then baked them among the coals. I think that due to the colder water temperatures, Canadian trout tastes better than trout from the lower US 48.
The best trout I ever had was in the lower 48. A buddy and I went on a 130 mile backpacking trip across the Frank Church River Of No Return Wilderness. Five days in we had been living on gorp, oatmeal, spinach noodles, dried apricots, and tea. We spent a long day descending from the alpine region of the Bighorn Crags down to the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, then up Big Creek for a couple of miles. I almost stepped on a timber rattler that Ron, in his fatigue, had just stepped over in the trail, thinking it was a pile of sticks. I thought it was a pile of sticks, too, except that it was rattling and all coiled up.

We made camp in a large cave, excavated by some crazy-ass miners eighty years earlier. Ron started a fire and I took my fly rod down to Big Creek about 30 feet away. Within five minutes I had caught two fat westslope cutthrout trout and cleaned them. They went right on the little grill we had with us, with a tiny bit of butter. Ten minutes later we were licking our fingers after an utterly transcendent dining experience.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller