My planned review of five books in five days was going to be a sentence or two short.

The Alpine Recluse by Mary Daheim
Set Sail for Murder by Carolyn Hart
The Alpine Scandal by Mary Daheim
Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich
and Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

All of these books are of the genre of cozy mysteries. They have continuing characters that are endearing and quirky. The main characters frients are always interesting to say the least. Reading these books is my version of spending time with characters I like in a weekly sit com.

Although in reality I think I remember plots in sitcoms a litttle longer than I do the plots in these books.

Still I purchase them and read them. It is called ESCAPE.

I did like LEAN, MEAN THIRTEEN which is the latest Stephanie Plum novel because of two scenarios that I found enjoyable.

Stephanie wants to take in a petty criminal to re-bond him but this man cannot leave his house for fear the cable company might one day listen to his appeal to fix the cable leading into his house and if by chance, the company would come and this petty crook would not be at home, his appeal would loop to the back of the requests and he would NEVER EVER get the quality internet access he desires.....Haven't we all been there?

Stephanie's other shout out was for a company that I greatly respect: COSTCO. Stephanie is faced with an empty stomach and empty pocketbook, so with her COSTCO card she grazes until her belly is full at the free samples along the warehouse isles.

I love to shop COSTCO around the noon hour.

Kathy

Where ever you go, there you are!