Greger...my wife - The Lovely Cynthia - enjoys Soda Bread and occasionally will make a batch herself. I really don't enjoy it but when St Patrick's Day rolls around the local markets wheel it out and every other day I'll have to buy a loaf.

You are correct on the scalding and it is my bad for just copying over an online recipe. The one I have has room temp.

I love bread. Big weakness. For breakfast I actually had left over garlic bread from Little Caesar's. We now have two local supermarkets and both have extensive bakeries so there is a wide variety of great stuff. Portuguese Sweet Bread. Fantastic!

I use to bake extensively. For years I was the day care provider for our kids and then scooted off to work an off shift. Kids would help me bake bread and get desserts ready. Oh did they love that cheesecake!

One son actually worked two summers as a cook on the Alaskan Railroad. Just walked in and said he could "Do the job" and he did. Created a menu based on what we had prepared at home.

Greger....love your inside information that you occasionally post with recipe/meals.

Last edited by keysersoze; 06/26/12 12:51 PM.

Only racists oppose my dictatorship.