Got company - daughter and her new hubby, plus grandson Zarko. Had a little cookout last night, something we call trail fajitas cooked over a campfire. The recipe and cooking method hearken back to when my girlfriend and I traveled to Copper Canyon in Mexico, to get married. We signed up for a 10 day package that included stays at the Sierra Lodge located at the 8000' elevation of the rim, and a sister hotel (built like a 3-d MC Esher painting) located in downtown Batopilas.

There were many guided hikes, which usually included a lunch of trail fajitas, as described below.

The cook had brought along containers filled with pork loin slices marinated in olive oil with jalapenos (whole and chopped), cilantro, beer, and soy sauce. A campfire was built and the pork marinade slopped into a large homemade wok (a farming disc with the hole welded up) where it boiled and sizzled until almost all of the juice was gone. As it browned, more beer was added (Tecate in a can) causing the pan to deglaze and to make a caramel-colored sauce. Just before that juice was gone, tortillas were placed and turned over the meat, put in the hands of the hungry hikers, and filled with fajita makings. It was socially required to also eat at least one of the whole jalapenos.

Mmmm, mmmm, good!

Here's a pan cooking in the back yard over the Bucket O' Fire (an invention of mine...) using pinyon pine.

[Linked Image from i1188.photobucket.com]

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller