The garden troll has been bringing stuff by for a month or so, and selling some to the Food Co-op and some other customers she runs across. My wife got a good patch going here at home, too, so the salads have been good for about a month, as well. The taters are good enough to dig some and beets are now a regular. A friend of ours has liver cancer and the chemo/radiation stuff has failed to put it into remission, so he is on a serious organic juicing diet, which is where we are putting much of our produce now. It's also an incentive to improve and expand our productivity and to try and get the greenhouse producing into the winter.

I cut down some Siberian Elms in the back yard yesterday (they are a water sucking invasive, very prolific and hard to eradicate, but the wood makes nice lumber) in preparation for getting more yard into garden and orchard. Mrs. Logtroll is planting three cherry trees as we post and I am designing the water harvesting system from the roof and greywater that I hope to have in place next season.

Tonight, we have a beef tip roast on the Cobb (with some pinyon smoke) and will have another great greens-cukes-beets-tamaters salad and some garlic-fried boiled new taters. Mmmmm! And a gin & tonic is helping me write.

Up on the list is to make my own tonic, the store stuff is too sweet and Fevertree (my favorite) and Q-Tonic are expensive and hard to come by.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller