I'm not making note cards explaining the connections and covering the walls of my room with them. Until that happens, I'm safe. I'm in no danger of waking up to find myself a prisoner in a movie directed by little Opie Cunningham.

Martha,

I've sent this, your latest review, to my brother-in-law who I think does make little note cards and connect them with string.

The "being saved/surrender" event is powerful, even if it is a mind illusion. Trying to be in control of everything, everybody, everywhere is damn tiring. That is the reason it is so comforting to have someone/thing to which to surrender. Christ? The Republican Party?

I watched the wife of Alan Jackson as she appeared on tv today to promote her book, IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF HIM. She points to that point of surrender in her life that changed her outlook. In the book A MAN CALLED PETER, Catherine Marshall mentions a time of acceptance of her TB. Prior to that acceptance she had fought against the disease's ravages. Only in these books, she surrendered and got well. (If she hadn't gotten well, now we wouldn't have the book, now would we?)

God Bless those who are not so inclinded to surrender. They are the ones that keep us from following any Pied Piper.

Respectfully Submitted,

Kathy Albers

(When are we going to have another movie date? I'm getting cobwebs on my cobwebs rotting away here on this hill.)

Last edited by BamaMama; 07/31/07 07:45 PM.

Where ever you go, there you are!