Originally Posted by Joe Keegan
[b]MTA recording bus conversations to eavesdrop on trouble[/b]
A Maryland Transit Administration decision to record the conversations of bus drivers and passengers to investigate crimes, accidents and poor customer service has come under attack from privacy advocates and state lawmakers who say it may go too far.
The MTA just had to flip on the audio switch on the cameras already mounted in the buses. Will the accompanying audio deter crime anymore than the existing cameras? If the UK is any example, probably not. Will the passengers feel any safer? Probably until the next violent incident. Will the cameras help the authorities identify suspects? Yes, assuming some citizen identifies the suspects in the footage released to the public. Will the audio/video cameras make the buses safer? Hopefully. How about the airports, bus stations, rail road stations, or even street corners? How about your back yard?

ThumbsUp

So that's what those guys in the van are doing in my backyard? Hope they like what they hear, because I don't.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky