The hills which are stripped of vegetation forces me (against my better judgment) to reenter this for a moment.

Rick, before Colonel Mulholland set his plans in motion which ultimately led to the watering of El Pueblo de Los Angeles, those hills were rather sparse to begin with.

That's because the area is a desert, capiche?
And the reason why so many of those hills are stripped of vegetation which wouldn't normally be there in the first place, is because if it's allowed to grow unchecked, it tends to catch fire.

That's because we don't normally get the amount of rainfall that you guys get. Now, I appreciate the fact that you don't think humans should even live here at all, period.
I just wonder where you think they SHOULD live.
After all, it's rather obvious from your Numan-like elitist screeds that those humans cretins would NEVER EVER be welcome in "The City" or anywhere Up North.

But face it, they have to live somewhere, this is where they happen to be, and they seem to prefer not being burned up in a fire every year, and those fires seem to happen anyway, but if we didn't denude those hillsides the fires would happen even more often than they do now.

I guess we're looking at a brand new Northern California version of The Georgia Guidestones, authored by Rick, in which it is recommended that we trigger a mass die-off so that Rick won't be inconvenienced by the knowledge that human beings live South of San Luis Obispo.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com