Originally Posted by Greger
You got Publix Supermarkets up there doncha, Joe? They carry almost a full line of Ba-Tampte products. It's all refrigerated. I'd never argue with you about Claussen's being a fine pickle. But it's from Chicago and marketed by Kraft foods. Ba-Tampte is from Brooklyn and you'd swear your Jewish Bubbie made in her kitchen just for you.
No Publix nearby, but I do my pilgrimages to Publix in either Dothan or Panama City. I like shopping at Publix. They offer a lot that the local supermarkets don't carry- such as fresh mozzarella cheese, and their employees seem to enjoy working there and are helpful and not surly. Their deli section is also very good. Now that I think about it, next time I'm there I'll check to see if they have any liverwurst. I always enjoyed it on rye with mustard. You can't get liverwurst in any of the supermarkets around here.

Speaking of deli sandwiches, I was also very fond of sliced turkey breast, Swiss, coleslaw, with whatever dressing appealed to me at the time, on an onion roll, and steamed.One deli that I frequented made a Holy Mackerel- mackerel, onions, cheese, on an onion roll, which I enjoyed regularly.

Enjoy your Reuben today!