I make something similar to the above recipe, but call it Italian bread. About the only difference is that I bake it on a pizza stone, don't roll it (I'm going to try that), bake at a higher temp, dump a cup of water in the broiler pan on the lowest oven rack, and, depending upon how I feel, sometimes add either sesame or poppy seeds. I also tried using some other more traditional flours, such as Semolina, etc., but the slight difference in taste wasn't worth the additional expense- to me. Those with a more sensitive palate may disagree. I find that King Arthur's all purpose unbleached flour is great. It tastes the best that this peasant has tried.

The reason that I posted the video is because I believe it's an easy and inexpensive way to begin baking your own bread. Why? Because it smells and tastes so much better. Once you get over any initial hesitancy, you'll have a hard time going back to store bought bread. Also, you really don't need a bread machine, although if someone gave me one, I'd take it.