"About the only difference is that I bake it on a pizza stone, don't roll it (I'm going to try that), bake at a higher temp, dump a cup of water in the broiler pan on the lowest oven rack, and, depending upon how I feel, sometimes add either sesame or poppy seeds."

Other than that -- exactly the same!

There are actually a lot of different ways to bake yur own bread. Hie thee to the library and check out "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day." It really isn't five minutes, but this guy has made it really easy to have a loaf of bread in the oven five minutes after you get the oven heated.

And if you bake a lot, you may want to drop by a local donut shop and ask them if they will add a fifty-pound bag of unbleached flour for you in their next order. Typically it's a lot less expensive than anywhere else, including the big box stores.

Don't ask at a bread bakery, though. They certainly aren't in business to help you compete with them.

storage of flour:

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy their 5-gallon paint buckets with lids. Food safe and seal tightly.

Alternatively, you can frequently get them for nothing from McD's or similar. do NOT, though, get the buckets used to store pickles. The smell will not come out.

Take the nacilbupeR pledge: I solemnly swear that I will help back out all Republicans at the next election.