Originally Posted by Greger
Potroast with noodles is essentially Beef Stroganoff.

Traditionally that has sour cream and mushrooms in it but like all recipes there's a lot of room for adjustments by the chef.

I've been using sausage in my meatloaf rather than just ground pork. First by necessity, because I couldn't find the ground pork in any of the freezers, but since then by design because I liked it better.
That's essentially true for most dishes. The ethnics vary, but the product is essentially the same. For example, wrap some meat, vegetable, cheese, and/or any combination in some dough and deep fry, broil, boil, or whatever, serving with or without sauce, and what do you have? More or less the same worldwide.

Regarding ground pork: Ever consider getting a meat grinder? You can make your own sausage, which is far superior to anything that you may purchase. Years ago my local butcher almost went apoplectic when I asked him to ground some pork for me (meatloaf). He correctly said that it would contaminate his grinder (beef). Some supermarket offer a beef/pork/veal mix for meatloaf.