Originally Posted by Joe Keegan
Originally Posted by Greger
Potroast with noodles is essentially Beef Stroganoff.

Traditionally that has sour cream and mushrooms in it but like all recipes there's a lot of room for adjustments by the chef.

I've been using sausage in my meatloaf rather than just ground pork. First by necessity, because I couldn't find the ground pork in any of the freezers, but since then by design because I liked it better.
That's essentially true for most dishes. The ethnics vary, but the product is essentially the same. For example, wrap some meat, vegetable, cheese, and/or any combination in some dough and deep fry, broil, boil, or whatever, serving with or without sauce, and what do you have? More or less the same worldwide.

Regarding ground pork: Ever consider getting a meat grinder? You can make your own sausage, which is far superior to anything that you may purchase. Years ago my local butcher almost went apoplectic when I asked him to ground some pork for me (meatloaf). He correctly said that it would contaminate his grinder (beef). Some supermarket offer a beef/pork/veal mix for meatloaf.

How interesting. I just had the same conversation with the butcher at the Bi-Lo I frequent (frequently). They had pork loins on sale for 1.99 a pound and I wanted a whole one cut up to manageable roasts with some ground. Said he couldn't do it.

So I bought the whole thing and while a 2-pounder was roasting in the oven, rubbed with some Chinese sage, I got out my Oster Kitchen Center and used the grinder I got on eBay about five years ago and had never used before.

It worked a champ except it kept clogging up. I ground about 2 pounds and then threw in some sage, salt, pepper, and voila sausage patties. I fried up a small one and shared it with the spousal unit, who pronounced it good.

The rest I molded into patties and froze in vac-seal bags.

I've found that I can get a much better quality of ground beef by buying a roast and having it ground. Also I KNOW how fresh it is, and I either use it or freeze it immediately.

Take the nacilbupeR pledge: I solemnly swear that I will help back out all Republicans at the next election.