Many years ago the company I worked for was about to make some dramatic middle management changes and three post age 50 types fell victim to this sudden purge. Gone on Friday and youthful replacements in the office on Monday. Of course the replacements had lower salaries and a different title but the move was obvious. They sued. But after a few months their lawyers felt the case would be sketchy at best.

Since I worked with payroll and had access to some information that could be of great help such as job descriptions, Total personnel files (including confidential memo's) and personnel action forms I made copies and funneled the information to the victims who were eventually rewarded with a nice settlement. All they ever knew was what was sent and not who sent it (Moi). Totally anonymous on my part.

This was - IMO - a fairly cut and dry situation. It was obvious that valued employees were being jettisoned simple over age. I doubt any would disagree.

Now the current espionage on civilian population appear to be a grey area. One part of me buys into the whole national security but the part that does not is the one that says just how far will they go? Just how much do I trust government? I'm cynical enough to say "very little" and I would do as Snowden did.

Only racists oppose my dictatorship.