Originally Posted by Joe Keegan
Originally Posted by Ardy
huh?
Ardy, let me help you understand this concept. It's somewhat sardonic. What it means is simply that you don't mind anyone invading your privacy anytime and anywhere because your life is an "open book" available to anyone for review, and the corollary is that if you're not guilty of anything, then you don't mind a little torture , er, "enhanced interrogation" to prove that you're not guilty.

Joe
I said "huh" because in my experience you seldom read or consider anything that disagrees with your opinion. Therefore it is pointless to say much more than you would say "huh"

That said....
the video that you posted is a slick piece of drivel IMO

A guy on the street asks for someone's face book log in or bank account information. And then posits the dangers of letting government employees and contractors have access to that private information.

So.... consider the following. If you haVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT, someone somewhere will have records and access to that information. And if a nefarious hacker really wanted to get that information, chances are that he would be able to discover a way to do so. So I really do not see the added protection that you are advocating by protecting us from rogue government employees. The simple fact is that the only way to keep your Facebook information secure is to not have a Facebook account.... if that concerns you.

If you open a bank account, the person sitting behnd the desk has access to all of your inforrmation. And all of the Snowden imitators that work at the Bank IT department also have this access. And, to a large degree, banks sell all of this information to those who are willing to pay for it. If you do not like this arrangement... do not open a bank account.

If you simply live your life as a colonial american might.... you will have very nearly the same privacy that he would have had. You will have no bank accounts, no Facebook accounts, no google trails, no phone logs.

If all that stuff in a government database concerns you..... take personal responsibility for protecting the privacy that seems to so concern you. It is not a matter of impossibility for you to do this. It is a simple matter of inconvenience.

There are innumerable ways to protect your privacy. This ia all publicly available information. Criminals do this already, as do the terrorists. They bear the inconvenience because privacy is worth the price to them. What is it worth to you Joe?

Last edited by Ardy; 09/03/13 06:17 PM.

"It's not a lie if you believe it." -- George Costanza
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves. --Bertrand Russel