Another excerpt from my letter to Gov. Scott requesting the appointment of a special prosecutor.

My neighbor turned himself in a day or two later. The trial was big news and received a lot of local publicity. The sheriff (who the FDLE suspected was involved in my neighbors’ business) declared a “War on Meth,” and subscribers to the local weekly newspaper were bombarded with reports of every subsequent drug arrest, the overwhelming majority of which were thrown out of court. This so-called “War on Meth” only produced a lot of very expensive statistics. Suddenly, Holmes County supposedly became the reported center of all meth production and distribution, which would be funny if it weren’t so pathetic. Sometime before here criminal trial, my neighbor’s wife told me that the entire area was “bugged.” She then apologized for the FDLE late night helicopter incident. She also told me that the FDLE offered her a “deal” if she’d implicate the sheriff in her operations. She told me that she declined the offer and would rather do the time. Just as quickly as my neighbors’ arrest was big news and received a lot publicity, the story died. The judge dismissed the case when both the State Attorney and FDLE refused to turn over requested documents. The requested evidence would prove my charges. The state didn’t attempt to retry them. Incidentally, the DEA didn’t get involved in this case, because they said that the “FDLE mishandled it.” Within two weeks following his election, the new sheriff busted the biggest pot grower/distributor in the region. The new sheriff remarked that the drug dealer went “under the radar” for a number of years. Perhaps if the “radar” was pointed at the largest drug dealer in the region rather than me, his operation might have been “busted” sooner?

Although 3.5 lbs. of meth goes "poof," the FDLE never officially investigated its "disappearance." A retired FDLE Agent asked me, "Why is this still going on?" Good question. One that I'd like Gov. Scott to answer.