I would like to see a Common Sense Party. Its planks would be the kinda stuff that everybody (hopefully, pretty much) can agree on.

Speech does not equal money and money does not equal speech

Campaign funds can only be given to candidates by those persons who vote for the the candidate in question.

Infrastructure will be fixed

Congress will be paid by the hour (if they are not working, in Washington DC then they do not get paid for the time they take off to campaign) - no exceptions, no excuses.

Wars must be approved by congress within 6 months of starting. "war" will be defined as any undertaking which involves our military killing.

Corporations are not persons or people.

We need a tax system which cannot be adjusted by anybody. Taxes are for paying the bills and NOTHING ELSE. There will be no good works, social engineering, or anything else. There will also be no deductions - for anybody. All increases in income should be used to lower taxes, if not, then explanations will be tendered to the voters.

If gov wants to help poor folk they can, they cannot, however, use the tax system to do that. This would also apply to corporations. Our initial system of income taxes was, I think, 7 pages long - now its literally 10's of thousands of pages long and that is insane. In other words politicians would be denied the ability to gain votes by pandering through the tax system.

These are quickies. I suspect there is a lot of stuff, like this, which are simply not important to our existing political parties, or offend those who bribe/contribute to the politicians. Feel free to suggest more planks for the proposed party. There is only one rule, most must agree it makes sense - irregardless of political persuasion.