The logic behind corporations are persons is pretty simple. A group of people get together and form a corporation, they do not form corporationS. Since people are at the root then they must have created a single entity that represents them. Therefore, a corporation is a PERSON! There is a current petition being circulated (asking for signatures) which goes something like; "Natural born persons ARE persons. Corporations are not natural born, therefore they are not persons. It does, however get even better. I can remember when the Dems were doing financial reform. One of the Dem reformers actually wanted to add, to the reform, that single minor stockholders could no longer vote in corporate votes (he is no longer there. I was also told that he was actually running a stock operations whilst the 'reform' was taking place - forget his name but I think he is now a lobby guy, a rich lobby guy)

Same thing happened with the money=speech and speech=money. If free speech involves the printed word, and the tv, etc. then putting one's money where their mouth is seems just about right to the supremes. I think the problems is in the volume available to those with the big bucks. My own thought is that if one does not vote for the candidate in question then one does not have the right to support that candidate. If there was a rule that said something like; "Politics are local and locals should be the ones to support THEIR candidates". People who do not vote for a given candidate should not have the right to involve themselves in the voting process of strangers. If such a rule existed then, I suspect, it would take a lot of the stuff currently going on and which seems to offend just about everybody, irregardless of political view off the political table.

I can also remember when the Dems tried to pass a law to force them that put up political ads to also put their names on said ads - they failed. The Republicans tried to pass the same thing and they too passed. Obviously, them that didn't want their names on their product kinda bought both parties, in this instance?

Just a thought (and a bit of wishful thinking)