Pataki would be logical too. But I think hubris may keep him in the race a little longer. Jindal is the proverbial snowball's chance in hell.

And now we have Carly liar pants on fire.

Carly Fiorina has a big problem with the truth. More specifically, she has a problem with embellishing the truth, in a manner very reminiscent of disgraced NBC anchor Brian Williams.

On Friday, conservative radio host Sean Hannity asked Fiorina to explain stories that Hewlett-Packard violated in the Iran embargo, by selling millions of dollars of computers, parts and equipment through a Dubai-based company, while she was CEO.

"The SEC did a thorough investigation and concluded that no one in management, myself included, knew anything about it," Fiorina told Hannity.

She repeated the line, nearly verbatim, to FOX News Sunday host Chris Wallace, this weekend.

"In fact, the SEC investigation proved that neither I nor anyone else in management knew about it," she told Wallace.

Yes, except the SEC investigation didn't. In fact, the SEC didn't perform an investigation at all, especially one that cleared her of any knowledge of the affair.

What is true is that the SEC's Division of Corporate Finance inquired about HP's dealings with Iran. There was back and forth, with the SEC asking questions, and HP answering, which ended with this letter from the SEC. But, there is no record of the Enforcement Division -- the only division that performs investigations -- taking up the matter. Thus, no investigation was performed.

Huff Post

The Letter

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky