On rereading my last post, I don't want to create any impression that I didn't truly appreciate the link. I did. As I noted, I even agreed with his assessment of Trump. What I found nonplussing was that someone who could produce a cogent assessment of Trump (who really does have a personality disorder) could have such fantastic ideas about everything else. I was also impressed by a couple of the follow up posts, especially the one assessing "the art of the deal", a book that really could as easily have been written by Gordon Gekko or Pablo Escobar.

Trump, and his support, demonstrate how deep the damage of the wrong kind of capitalism has already wrought on the nation. Capitalism is like a high powered engine, it can do remarkable thing when properly constrained, but is deadly in the wrong hands. Lauding miscreants like Trump does damage to the psyche.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich