I agree, that was an excellent defense of the success of social Democracy. I also agree that the public has been sold a false bill of goods since Reagan (and even Goldwater). That groundwork needed to be laid now, especially with Paul Ryan as Speaker.

I also wanted to highlight the stupendously dishonest complaining of the Carson and Trump campaigns against the press. While I didn't like either the CNN or Politico pieces, the questions they raise are legitimate - how honest, really, is Carson? Is Trump really a good manager, or just a crooked real estate magnate? Do either of their platforms make sense? We are fast approaching the point of the election when votes are going to be cast so hard questions need to be asked. If there is validity to the stories Carson has told, where are the witnesses? Where is the corroboration? Can he be trusted? I, personally have little doubt that, like Brian Williams, his memories are shaded by what makes a good story, rather than accuracy. How much is just pure imagination? Is he, like Ronald Reagan, remembering a past that never was? I would want to know if my president was going senile before he took office.

I'm a little tired -no, very tired- of the deflection game. It's time to answer the danged questions. If you can't, or can't take the heat, drop out - but don't blame the messenger. Hillary Clinton has had to respond to some pretty stupid questions, but also address some pretty serious issues. She, I think, has acquitted herself well. None of the GOP candidate have done nearly as well.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich