I am frankly disturbed by the tenor of the campaign this year. Not so much on the Dem side, which is less crowded, but the blatant bigotry that seems to keep Trump and Carson at the top of the R polls. I really don't get it. We haven't seen this level of open hostility since George Wallace and Joe McCarthy. I don't think that is anywhere near an exaggeration. It appears that there are a number of others who agree with that assessment. The New York Times Just Compared Donald Trump To 'Joseph McCarthy In 1950'; Donald Trump and 21st-century McCarthyism; Donald Trump’s creeping fascism needs to be rejected - and these are relatively conservative editorial boards (I didn't include WSJ because Rupert Murdoch apparently hates Trump).

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich