A few points to take issue with, Ma R:
Originally Posted by Ma_Republican
Usually, people get treated exactly as they deserve to be treated.
I'm not sure where you got this notion, but it is quaint. I suppose if you are white, middle aged, male, Christian, well-educated... yeah, you don't have to worry a lot about how you are treated (deserved or not). But, if you happen to not be all of those things, well... "how you are treated" has nothing to do with your individual merits. Nor, by the way, does your economic class (especially inherited) tell anything about your "character" or "how you should be treated." Were he not super-rich, Donald Trump would deserve to be treated in a mental institution. I'm not being at all sarcastic there, either. He has serious mental issues. Maybe, though (now that I think about it), that does qualify him to be a Republican candidate...

Originally Posted by Ma_Republican
There is no right to be happy. There is no right to be respected. There is no right to have others respect your beliefs.
That, of course, would come as a real shock to the Founding Fathers. After all, the document they founded our nation on included some concepts such as "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity" - and specified such things as "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" - seems pretty straightforward to me, but maybe I'm reading too much into it - or how about these?: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects"; "no person shall be ... deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;" Sounds kinda like rights to me... But maybe I'm overstating the case... Or even, "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." I don't know where you got your Civics education, but mine included some of these concepts enshrined in the very document that formed our government, not to mention the Declaration of Independence and the quaint notion that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed" - again, seems kinda contrary to your argument.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich