Actually Congress screwed Karen and her fellow veterans anyway.
The ACA says that parents are allowed to keep their kids on their policy till age 26, right?
Karen, as a 100 percent disabled service connected veteran, was allowed to keep Daryl and Brianne on her VA coverage, using CHAMPVA, till they were eighteen.

Then when the ACA passed we were first told they would be allowed to stay till 26 but Congress "forgot" to pay attention to the loophole, thus the VA is actually NOT IN COMPLIANCE with the ACA because the ONE GROUP - - 100 percent disabled service connected veterans, STILL lose coverage for their kids at age eighteen, so we had to buy outside coverage for both kids instead of keeping them on the CHAMPVA plan.

The loophole was brought up in Congress in 2010 and we were promised they would fix the loophole but of course Republicans filibustered and the motion got tabled, and never revisited again.

Brianne is relatively healthy, but Daryl is a "million dollar kid" who would have perished in infancy had it not been for the Clinton efforts at passing the S-Chip program in the 1990's, so Daryl must thank President Clinton for saving his life.

Karen's exposure to spent nuke sub fuel and other radioactive compounds stored at the defunct Naval Radiological Laboratory in Hunter's Point is the cause of Daryl's five major heart defects, which closely mimic "Chernobyl Heart Syndrome", found in parents of children who were living in close proximity to the damaged Chernobyl nuclear reactor in 1986.

In essence, Karen is not only an MS patient, she's also an "atomic sailor" much like the old soldiers who got accidentally dosed during the early nuclear tests at the Nevada Test Site or at the H-bomb tests at Bikini Atoll.

We are currently gathering all the names of all sailors and civilian contractors who worked or served at Hunters Point in the last forty years in an effort to launch a class action lawsuit.

I'm guessing that the Republicans will, sooner or later, take a shot across the bow at Veteran's Benefits in a BIG way, and attempt to cut benefits and privatize medical services.
A nice fat class action lawsuit might help defray the loss of both, the way I figure it but I am aware of the fact that these things take time, which is why we started our project back in 2008.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com