Trump was in Eugene last evening and had a packed rally. I went there in the afternoon to scope out the crowd but left after I had made my assessment. I did watch his Eugene stump speech on uTube.

It seems to me that his talking points are the result of compilations of surveys done by his staff on the issues his constuants are concerned about. He knows in advance what they want to hear and delivers it. “Make America great again”, build the beautiful wall, re-open the coal mines and the lumber mills, open up the forests to unrestricted logging, keep out Muslims and other undesirables, the media is full of stupid people, I’ll make the factories hum and put everyone (here) back to work in high paying blue collar jobs, insiders are unwelcome in politics, on and on.

He implies he will fix all of this with a wave of his hand. He doesn’t offer a smidgeon of detail on how he will accomplish any of this but rather just says “trust me”--I will make this happen. And his fans love him for it. Cut out the details and just deliver.

It’s astonishing--but they lap it up.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.