Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
I could provide my own analysis, here, but this sums it up pretty well:  
Why Bernie Sanders’s trouncing of Donald Trump may not mean that much
part of the reason that Clinton does worse against Trump is because of Sanders supporters. The Upshot's Nate Cohn made this point last week, noting that recent YouGov polling showed Clinton leading Trump by 40 points among Sanders voters — and Sanders leading Trump by 70. Trump has benefited from consolidation of Republican support; it's fair to assume that Clinton will similarly benefit once Democrats unify behind her candidacy.

And???? What are we to understand, that all the sheep should follow the leader into the slaughterhouse? That there shouldn't be dissent? Seems to me the writer of this piece thinks that the Dems will rally behind Clinton eventually, so your point is? A candidate who the arrogant Clintons had written off is giving them a run for their money (as it should be in any democracy)? They tried a similar tack with Obama in 2008 until the momentum overtook them.
There is no doubt that Bernie's candidacy - especially through the vehicle of the Democratic Party, thus assuring that there is no loss of support if he loses the nomination - is the first breath of fresh air that the Dems have had since 2008. They should thank him for possibly bringing more people into the fold. In spite of Wasserman Shultz.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky