Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
I have no problem voting for Hillary Clinton. The only people who believe she is "retrograde" are those who are too far left to recognize the difference between Mao and Mussolini. She has always been much more liberal than her husband. Being liberal, however, does not mean marching lockstep with every progressive wet dream. I'm very progressive. I'm also very pragmatic and very idealistic. You can throw out all the invective you want, that doesn't make it any more "real" than anything that Trump spews. Hillary Clinton is now a seasoned politician. Much as I like Bernie Sanders, he is not. Not is he ever likely to be.

We're on the verge, I believe, of a significant (and hopefully permanent) political shift to the left. This is at least generational. Do I want seriously progressive policies? Oh yeah! Do I agree with Sanders on many issues/principles? Certainly. What is missed is, so does Hillary Clinton.
Do you know the difference between Mao and Mussolini?
You may ordain yourself progressive etc. Your opinion. Clinton is retrograde. And somehow you've managed to convince yourself otherwise. C'est la vie.
Doesn't make it so.
BTW Mussolini was not on the left - just a hint LOL

Last edited by Ezekiel; 06/02/16 11:47 PM.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky