Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Zeke, my friend, you miss subtlety. The point is when you start as left as you do, everything looks retrograde. Mussolini and Mao were really not all that different. They just used different excuses for being dictators.
I don't know where you got that from, but that is historical revisionism at its worst - and about as subtle as an elephant in heat. Fascism is not communism, in fact they are polar opposites. They have nothing is common, dear friend. And I really think you know that.

Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe, influenced by national syndicalism. Fascism originated in Italy during World War I and spread to other European countries. Fascism opposes liberalism, Marxism and anarchism and is usually placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.

In political and social sciences, communism (from Latin communis, "common, universal") is a social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the state.

Oh I forgot: they do have something in common: their names both begin with "M" ROTFMOL

Last edited by Ezekiel; 06/03/16 10:09 AM.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky