I think, my friend, that we've lost sight of the central point of this thread. It's about the campaign. I think most observers recognize that Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have tapped into disparate veins of populism within the electorate. I don't think either expected their campaigns to go as long or be as successful as they have been. But, elections are about where we are "in the moment." In the current moment, outsiders do well. But neither Bernie Sanders nor Donald Trump represent the majority of the electorate (or even their own parties).

I believe that Hillary Clinton will represent more of the electorate come November. Polling suggests that will be true. Progressives, liberals, moderates, Democrats and independents of every stripe should take note and get out to vote. If they don't, we could be saddled with a Trump presidency. When Ronald Reagan won I thought that would be as bad as it could get, then we got George Bush junior. And then he was reelected! Now thRepublicanse are putting up someone who could be the biggest liar in presidential history.

I'm not sure most people realize just how pathological the Donald really is. It's not as if he hides it. He will lie about anything and not bat an eye. I'm not sure he utters a sentence without a lie in it. But Republicans, no matter how little he represents their views, will vote for him. Republicans get in line.

When Sanders eventually concedes, I am confident he will throw his weight behind Clinton. He will lose some supporters when he does, but he wants to defeat the Republicans as much as any Democrat.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich