I've always had the sneaking suspicion that he was in it for the notoriety and press coverage rather than actually being a candidate.

In essence that might mean that he was in it for the money.

Donald Trump's entry into the Republican race for president was a business bonanza for the real estate mogul, with a new federal financial filing providing a snapshot of the billionaire's sprawling operations — from real estate to golf courses, and licensing deals to management businesses.

Trump's disclosure form filed last July showed his holdings brought in revenue of $362 million in 2014 and the first half of 2015, the campaign said in a statement, the Washington Post reports.

The form released Wednesday — which the campaign said shows revenue spiking to $557 million — covers a shorter period of time, from July 2015 until Monday.

But does he actually want to be president? That is a question that has plagued me from the start. Personally I doubt it. But I have a hard time navigating the twisted thought processes of Republicans. Just the idea that anyone actually wants him to be president is beyond me. It's like trying to place myself into the mind of a squid. Too alien, too far removed from my reality as a thinking rational being.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...