How Bernie Sanders exits the race will determine how much impact his campaign will actually have. If he "fights on" and refuses to concede he will expose a hypocrisy that will undermine his credibility. If he gives a "fought the good fight" kind of speech he can have an impact on the platform and bring a great deal of credibility to the process and greatly influenced the future of the party.

It's really come down to whether his race is about Bernie Sanders or his ideas. Sanders will be 78 at the end of his term. He is not going to run again. His chance to make a real impact is now, while he has the momentum and the credibility. If he pulls his supporters into the general election campaign, he can influence an entire generation and move the entire Democratic party to the left. They will become the leaders of the party. The longer he stands off, the less impact he and they will have on the direction of the party. They will be on the outside looking in.

My prediction is, he will continue the fight and his, and their, moment will pass. I will be severely disappointed. I want that impact to be felt. Like Obama's election, this could be a generational sweep, if he plays it right. It could create a sweeping change in the Senate and even the House. He could get those representatives he's been supporting elected. Honestly, though, I'm not convinced Bernie Sanders is up to the task. He really is a politician, after all.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich