Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
You mean like Clinton didn't concede in 2008...
What are you talking about?
Bernie's message should not, cannot be shut down.
The question is, will it be carried within the party or outside? Realistically, Bernie Sanders is not the best spokesman for these ideas. He just happened to be the vehicle for them at this moment. He's not been a member of the Democratic party until now, and will probably leave when this is over. His followers, however, will have other leaders they can support within the party (Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten Gillibrand) if they are in the party. They, in turn, can become the party's future leaders. That is how true change will occur.
She didn't concede immediately after Obama was the presumptive nominee. That's what I'm talking about. It took her a while.
As far as Bernie carrying on the message within the Democratic Party - I would say that depends on how receptive the party is to the ideas he has put forth.
Kirsten Gillibrand?? Surely you jest.
Warren, perhaps. I might think that Warren could just as easily leave the Democratic Party if it gets too far to the right (as it very easily could).

Last edited by Ezekiel; 06/08/16 01:59 PM.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky