Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
Reason I asked is because I think what Bernie is doing is the actual path to credible leadership - that is, someone who emanates trust.
As I said in the break room at work last night while we all watched another "historic moment" in American politics - Bernie is the only candidate of the three of them still running that truly would help the middle class. Us middle-class'ers just lost our only advocate.
I think you guys have been wrong from the start, so I'm just going to put a bookmark here so I can come back next year and say "I told you so." You can do the same if I am wrong.

I believe Hillary Clinton has the interest of the middle class in her heart. I think she genuinely cares about people and what happens to them. I think that she doesn't express it very well, she can be awkward at times, and she has her own financial interests, too. Don't we all. I would not nominate her for sainthood, but if that is your standard, you will never be represented in Congress or the White House.

Bernie Sanders is not a saint, either, by the way. He is quite prone to self-aggrandizement, exaggeration and "shading the truth". That is why he gets more "false" and "mostly false" rulings than Clinton.
Clinton's statements by ruling;
Sanders's statements by ruling

And she's been followed a whole lot longer.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich