I am far more cynical than I appear here, but ultimately, am an optimist. I am sometimes flabbergasted by just how shallow voters are - even though history shows me better. Trump is such an obvious, and really not-very-good, flim-flam man, yet 30%+ of the populace "support him" - and he has better "trustworthy" numbers than Clinton! Yes, there is approximately 40% of the voters who will vote for any candidate with an "R" next to his name, but if even a portion of his 30ish percent comes from the non-died-in-the-wool partisans, that puts him over 40%, and that reality is sobering. More than 40% of the population willing to vote for someone who is, by far, the least qualified candidate in my lifetime.

I am encouraged, but not very much, that so many Republican leaders are not supporting him. That should be sending a message to the voters. But, are they receiving? Will they, like the Brexit voters of the UK wake up in the morning and say, "OMG, What have I done!" As John Oliver pointed out, there are no do-overs.

Yes, Hillary Clinton has her faults, and yes, the political system is corrupt, but really... given what is available, is there even a choice in this election? Donald Trump is far too dangerous to let anywhere near any elected office, much less the most powerful position in the country (and maybe the world). The list of potential disasters is incomprehensible - the economy, the environment, civil rights, immigration, the courts.... I wouldn't leave him alone near my children, or near a loaded gun, why would I let him near any real power?

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich