Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Zeke, you are suffering from "zealot" syndrome, attacking your allies because they are not "pure" enough. I get it. You're impatient (aren't we all), and the country has gone the wrong way for a number of decades, so the frustration level is extremely high. There are urgent issues that need addressing and little evidence they are being addressed, but the overwhelming evidence is that they are more likely to be addressed by Democrats than any other party, period. Most of us play to probabilities because that is how the real world works.

No, dear fellow, I am not a zealot, I am a realist. And I refuse to play donkey chasing an imaginary carrot, BTW, probabilities (I have made a successful career of using them, so my insights do have some foundation) are not what is in play. It is the refusal to push the envelope by my friends here. If there were probabilities at play, Trump (an outlier), would not have made it as far as he has.
The real world is ours (humankind) to make. However, not fighting for what we believe in does not reality make. It is the easy road to a very bad end.
Reality is always a lot harder than that.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky