NW_P I'm sure you know by now that the point I'm trying to make goes beyond Democrat or Republican. Yes, we may be better off with a Democrat rather than a Republican, and it should be obvious to all here where I stand with respect to any of the republican candidates. I see no reason to belabor that issue. Realistic means not fooling oneself into thinking that just because the Lion is a beautiful animal (and it most certainly is) it is not a wild one. So, sticking your arm in his mouth is usually not a good idea. Hillary has defended neoliberal economics (sometimes outright and others in a veiled fashion) since she began her political career. I have seen no EVIDENCE that that has changed. So I am a realist, I don't HOPE she has changed. I am willing to wait and see. Hell, if Merle Haggard can do it, so can she.
I am merely, as you say, applying pressure. I don't believe that we can be complacent just because we are pretty sure she will win and she's not a rabid right wing lunatic. We have to keep applying pressure and reminding ourselves and our friends that it is easy to slip into apathy. So, the fly keeps humming around your head to make sure you don't forget that the only certainty is death and human stupidity.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky