THE NEW FACE OF THE GOP

— Roger Stone, longtime confidant and informal adviser to Donald Trump, removed his all-access convention credentials and ascended the stage at Citizens for Trump’s America First Unity Rally on Monday afternoon.

Stone, wearing a yellow linen suit, white saddle shoes and suspenders, explained that he was late because “I had some meetings that I had to conclude over at the Westin with members of the Trump staff.”

And what did this boastful Trump consigliere, fresh from his meeting with Trump aides, wish to impart on this first day of the GOP convention?

He wished to revisit the Vince Foster murder conspiracy. “They told us that he died in Fort Marcy Park and his body was found 50 yards down a muddy trail,” Stone said of the Clinton family friend and aide who killed himself 23 years ago. “But there was no mud or dirt on his shoes. . . . There was carpet fiber all over his body because they rolled him in a carpet. Hillary Clinton ordered a guy named Sullivan and a guy named Kennedy, her hoodlums, her thugs, [to] move his body.”

Welcome to the Donald Trump Republican National Convention.

WaPo

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky