Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Kaine has been a progressive for his entire career - from pursuing redline cases in lending to Mayor of Richmond to Governor to Senator.

Never was a progressive. Is not a progressive.
Please read my previous post.

Yes, he supported TPP and yes he sought deregulation of local banks,...
Wow - so progressive.

but he has a 100% pro-choice record

Seriously????

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Kaine, a Roman Catholic, is personally against abortion,but is "largely inclined to keep the law out of women's reproductive decisions."
Kaine supports some legal restrictions on abortion, such as requiring parental consent for minors (with a judicial bypass procedure) and banning late-term abortions in cases where the woman's life is not at risk.
Kaine previously criticized the Obama administration for "not providing a 'broad enough religious employer exemption'" in the contraceptive mandate of the Affordable Care Act, but praised a 2012 amendment to the regulations that allowed insurers to provide birth control to employees when an employer was an objecting religious organization.
In 2005, when running for governor, Kaine said he favored reducing abortions by: (1) "Enforcing the current Virginia restrictions on abortion and passing an enforceable ban on partial birth abortion that protects the life and health of the mother"; (2) "Fighting teen pregnancy through abstinence-focused education"; (3) "Ensuring women's access to health care (including legal contraception) and economic opportunity"; and (4) "Promoting adoption as an alternative for women facing unwanted pregnancies."
Kaine believes that both abstinence and contraceptives must be taught, and that education should be evidence-based.
Who would have been a better pick?
Sherrod Brown? Perez? Warren?

I fear that HRC shows her true colors once again.
I expected this type of thinking, i.e., that she can get moderate Republican votes with this pick.
I believe this is dangerous, can backfire and may make her chances a lot less likely than they would have been had she taken a more progressive position. But, the leopard never changes its spots.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky