Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Hillary will never pick up support from the ultra-left wing of the party that thought Bernie was too moderate, but they're not really Democrats, anyway. She will get support from the majority of Bernie supporters, at least those with a pragmatic bone in their bodies. She's making a play for the majority of voters and Kaine is a good pick for that because he offers stability. That is an excellent counterweight to Trumppence's gloom and doom.

Ultra left wing????? LOL You must be kidding. There is no such thing in the Democratic party. The same party that was thinking up ways to sabotage Sanders. The same party that has done little in the past 20 years to advance a social and economic policy that favors the working people of this country. The only reason progressives vote democrat is because there is no other choice. An unfortunate state of affairs that one can only hope will change in the remaining years of my lifetime.

She's moving in the wrong direction. I said it before and I'll say it again: that is a perilous play.
Kaine adds nothing to the ticket. Just another party hack. A series of wishy-washy positions on most major issues.
The only thing this ticket has going for it is that they are running against a proto-primate and a neanderthal. And one can only hope that that will be enough to bring them across the finish line.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky