Donald Trump will not be President
I hope you are right but I am pessimistic like Greger. It’s early and things will change many say. Again I hope they are correct. The prospect of a Trump presidency is really too much for me to comprehend.

Yet both Trump and Sanders have a similar message in some areas. Both say they will bring back the former middle class to its former glory. But i wonder how that would be possible? Globalization is not going away and it’s unlikely free trade agreements will be rescinded. If they were to be it would mean international contracts are not worth the paper they are written upon-- so they mean nothing. Yet I agree that they have hurt the former US middle class and to a large extent they have been left behind as a result of them. The rest of the globe has prospered at the US workers expense.

The federal government was remiss to just let those people hang out to dry but I am not sure what they could have done for them aside from transfer payments or “education”. But were/are those people capable of becoming high tech workers in a high tech economy? Did/do they have the skills, education, and savvy to do so?

It is said manufacturing is returning to the US and it is. Yet those new manufacturing facilities employ a fraction of the workers they used to. Most of those former jobs have been replaced by robots and technology and that will just continue to increase exponentially. i really have no clue as to how to reestablish the former US middle class aside from a massive new transfer payment program.

Does anyone really have an honest and workable answer to any of this? I certainly don’t have a clue.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.