Whether Obama won or lost was of little consequence to me, I deemed him more electable at the time because Republicans were prepared to defeat Clinton. I was rooting for him but not so much that I was willing to give up my Independent status and actually cast a vote between him and Clinton. Just like this time around. If Sanders had won I would have been slightly disappointed but certainly not butthurt enough to withhold a vote in the general election. There was nothing about Sanders' ideology that I disagreed with, my problem with Sanders is that he has been in Washington for 30 years and has failed to build any sort of working coalition with the Democrats he would depend on in Congress if he hoped to move his agenda forward. It is, and has been, my opinion that Clinton will actually be able to move the progressive agenda forward farther than Sanders would be able to. Sanders' crowning achievement in his long and illustrious career in Washington is that he has moved the Democratic Party farther to the left than they have ever been.
For this we owe him an immense debt of gratitude.

Regarding a Trump victory, I'm only half serious about that. This race is far closer than it should be, given the two candidates and their qualifications, it shouldn't be close at all and I suspect that it really isn't. Even Nate Silver lives and dies by clicks and ratings. Everyone involved in the media is determined to make this race look as close as possible, it's how they make a living after all. Like PIA, I question the methods used to gather information for polls. They represent only a small slice of the population who have landlines and are willing to answer them and agree to participate in the poll. It's a blurry snapshot at best and at worst a barely recognizable sketch by a not very talented artist.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...