Zeke, why, when someone disagrees, do you have to make it personal? Why is your response ridicule rather than facts? I find it rather insulting and irritating. You say "It was a concerted effort to quash the progressives." - Yet, once again, provide no examples of how this was done. To save you some trouble, I've read through the Intercept's oh-so-unbiased reportage, and even there it is more accusation than substance.

This is the kind of response that I find so infuriating. "That you don't want to see the truth is understandable. There is nothing more disturbing than having one's illusions dashed. I get it." What unmitigated bullsh!t. I'm simply pointing out that this conspiracy theory, like so many others, has no substance, merely innuendo.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich