Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
...the very behavior that signifies a FAILED LIBERAL, the release of the inner fascist...
What? Hmm

You're getting your political ideologies mixed up:

[Linked Image from i1308.photobucket.com]

No, I am not getting my ideologies mixed up, the young naive campus lefties are. Rick, you're one of the few who recognize the political failure that occurs when one releases their inner fascist so you of all people should recognize the cognitive dissonance of the radical campus lefties. The reason they ARE failed liberals is that their would be affinity for liberal belief systems run up against their desire to impose fascism upon their opponents and the inner fascist wins, and their beliefs in liberal values collapses.

That is why almost ALL the current crop of Reagan era neocons all started out as radical campus lefties. They failed as liberals and rush to the arms of conservatism, could not jive with the personal freedoms espoused by them and tried to invent this illegitimate baby called "neo-conservatism" which is just campus lefty radicalism's nuts and bolts driving a right wing ideology.

HORSESHOE THEORY

The horseshoe theory in political science asserts that rather than the far left and the far right being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, they in fact closely resemble one another, much like the ends of a horseshoe.

You might say that the majority of screaming radical campus lefties very quickly "jump the ends of the horseshoe" and their minds catch up after their emotional maturity sets in, but that is almost always accompanied by a sort of amnesia which allows them to pretend that ALL liberalism is as they once saw it, which justifies their wild accusations which they level at liberals, or "libtards" as they like to say.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com