Having watched the forum in full, I'd give Clinton a C+, maybe B-. She was hampered by a feckless Matt Lauer and three straight questions on the same subject (emails), but she didn't answer at least two questions at all, and her answers tended to be canned and non-responsive. She did, however make two important points: she knows details and understands the job.

In contrast, Trump got a solid F. I was going to give him a D, but I didn't want to grade on the curve. Anyone with a modicum of military experience realized that he is woefully ignorant on virtually every military topic raised (law, capabilities, planning, structure, culture), and he got into very dangerous waters three times (at least). He insulted the military (especially the General staff), seemed to imply he would cashier the Generals, doubled down on his praise of Putin, and advocated taking Iraqi oil (again). He also belittled women in the military, especially when he "corrected" (erroneously) a female DAV advocate about how many vet suicides occur daily. From a military standpoint, he could almost not have done worse.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich