A friend of mine just sent this letter to the editor:
I recently reread 1st Corinthians 13: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

What immediately struck me was how diametrically opposed Donald Trump is to each one of those biblical definitions. He is not patient or kind; he envies and boasts and is proud. He dishonors others regularly, is very self-seeking, easily angered and keeps a long record of wrongs and slights.

Do we really want a leader of our country who exhibits the polar opposite of what the Bible says are the very most important traits? Do we really think such a person can unite and lead this country, drawing on their own strengths, and moral standard as an example? This election marks a profound need for soul-searching by voters as to the character of who will sit in the Oval Office.

Chuck Ford

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich