I've gone through this angst over many cycles- like many of you, I cannot get my head around how anyone can support as chronic and excessive liar as Donald Trump, but it is because I, like you, am applying the wrong metric. We tend to put a premium on things like "facts" and "reality", but that is not Trump's appeal. His appeal, like all demagogues, is to emotion. My fear is that the hard sell will work at the end, and then what? Really, we're screwed. No one has been less prepared to occupy the oval office in a century, and these are, as they say, "interesting times." North Korea, Russia, Iran and China are chomping at the bit to go crazy on the goofball Trump, whose bravado is only exceeded by his sheer ignorance.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich