Jeffery;
You are absolutely right. Still, however, any way you cut it Trump is president because of the free media. The Russians may have been involved but, in the end, MEDIA is the villian in this one! The fix, obviously, is a return to a system of fair play where anytime media gives x amount of free exposure to one candidate they must give the same to all the other candidates as well. We used to have this and, then, things changed (not for the better).

its interesting. Over the years OUR congress has been stripping virtually all of these kinds of things (including healthcare, education, etc) in favor of whatever. My own favorite is to use PBS to have a system of giving the top 5 candidates a prime time hour each, for free, for 2 weeks before an election and ban all other political advertising. I know, that is pure wishful thinking and will not happen. Still, its sometimes nice to do a bit of that. My reasoning on this one not happening is that I am not sure our media could survive without ads from politics and drugs)